Coming back from a day of hiking quickly put together a few ingredients, wrap it up in foil and place on the fire while you enjoy a little après. Lemon rosemary is one of our kids favourite flavour combination at the moment, making this a popular meal on camping trips and at home.
- Sweet peppers
- Cold pressed canola oil or olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- If you’re only heading out for a couple days, cut the pork into cubes before you go. Put in a leak proof bag and freeze. This will keep your meat safe and your cooler colder for the trip.
- At camp, marinade the pork with 3 parts olive oil with 1 part lemon juice along with rosemary, salt and pepper for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut the potatoes, onions and peppers in chunks. Baby potatoes cut in half works great for this.
- On a piece of tin foil place an individual serving of pork, potatoes and veggies. Drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap up. Place on the campfire and cook for about 20 minutes.
This works on a camping stove as well. For the stove method, parboil the potatoes first. Cook the meat until the outside are brown then add the veggies and mix well, cooking until everything is tender.
Tried the recipe? Let us know what you think.